Construction in Auburn, Algona, and Pacific
Kent-Auburn conveyance system improvements
Kent Auburn Phase B construction update – summary of work as of October 2017 (see map of project below)
As of November 3, 2017 approximately 4.200 feet of pipeline have been installed. The contractor plans to continue work until rains and ground conditions cause them to stop for the winter.
Pacific – the contractor has finished the pipeline construction along Frontage Rd. They crossing Ellingson Rd. and expect to be done here in early November; this crossing is being done at night to reduce traffic impacts.
Algona – the contractor has been locating utilities (potholing) and installing the dewatering system (pumps, pipes, and generators) along Seattle Blvd. Pipeline construction along Seattle Blvd. should begin by mid-November. Work along the Interurban Trail corridor is expected to take place next spring.
Auburn – pipeline construction has been progressing, working south from Main St. West in Auburn. They are also currently working on pipe boring under SR-18, and under some railroad crossings. Work is expected to reach just north of 15th Street Southwest before stopping work for the winter. Work along Perimeter Rd. is expected to take place next spring.
Construction in your area
Construction will take place over two years (see map for details). Pre-construction work and staging will occur in all work areas this spring. Dates and durations are estimates and subject to change. Information about construction will be provided in advance of construction in each area.
Source: Spring 2017 project newsletter
What to expect during construction
As we move into construction, King County will provide information about the schedule of work for each area.
Work has been approved to take place during these times:
- AUBURN: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday
- ALGONA: 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday
- PACIFIC: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday – Saturday
- There may be longer hours, and Sunday and night work.
During construction, you can expect the following:
- Noise, dust, and vibrations
- Partial street closures and detours where construction crosses roads
- Increased truck traffic as crews stage machinery and equipment
- Access to businesses will be maintained; there may be temporary disruptions
- Access to homes will be maintained; there may certain times of the day where only walk-in access can be provided
- After construction, all disturbed areas – including streets and roads – will be restored to pre-construction conditions
Work next to the Interurban Trail
Some work along the Interurban Trail will be on private properties or along property owners’ fence line. We have talked to the property owners and residents about this work.
Work along Seattle Boulevard South and First Avenue
King County will be working in the street on Seattle Boulevard South and First Avenue South. Seattle Boulevard South will be widened after construction is complete and the street is restored and paved. As a result, some mailboxes and sign posts will need to be moved.
Sign up for project updates!
Stay informed. Keep up to date about construction activities.
- Email David Freed to get added to our project email contact list: David.Freed@kingcounty.gov
- Call our Construction Information Line: 206-205-9283 if you have questions or concerns about the project during construction.
24-hour project construction line: 206-205-9283
Contact David Freed at: