Kent-Auburn conveyance system improvements
Sewer pipeline work in Pacific, Algona & Auburn
April 17, 2017
Preconstruction activities begin – surveying potholing, etc. View project update.
King County has selected a contractor, Kiewit Infrastructure West, for this project. As the contractor prepares for construction, you may see crews surveying the area and mobilizing equipment.
You can contact the project team with questions or concerns at 206-205-9283.
Since 2008, King County Wastewater Treatment Division has been working to improve the wastewater system in southeast King County. In 2014, the County completed two new pipelines in Kent and Auburn (See Phase A info here). Now, we are gearing up to construct the second phase of the project, building a new sewer line in Pacific, Algona, and Auburn.
Why is King County making these improvements?
- To protect public health and the environment
- To continue to provide safe, reliable sewer service as the area grows
- To provide enough capacity to transport wastewater through 2060
- Construction is expected to start in Early 2017 and go on for two years.
- We do not yet know when work will take place at in each city – sign up for updates and we’ll keep you informed about the project schedule and activities!