Imagine an internship where you...
- contribute to the protection of public health and the environment
- conduct field inspections, sewer sampling, flow monitoring and manhole locates
- learn about project management including cost estimating, budget, and schedule for large construction and maintenance projects
- create websites and troubleshoot information technology (IT) issues
- work on green building and Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (L.E.E.D) projects
- learn Geographical Information System (GIS) databases and map locales
- participate in pump replacement data collection and support
- present your individual or team project to wastewater staff and peers
See yourself in one of these college internships
Support efforts in the WTD Sustainability Program and Planning Section. Work may include:
- Sustainability Program Support (25%): Green Stormwater Infrastructure evaluating WTD projects identified as possible Living Building Challenge; researching GSI project potential for Living Building Challenge certification; supporting the development of a WTD sustainability annual report and other sustainability activities as defined.
- Planning Program Support (50%): supporting strategic planning for biosolids, reclaimed water, energy and technology groups. Assist with development of strategic plans for recovered resources through meeting organizing, researching other agencies, and organizing case studies.
- Combined Sewer Overflow (CSO) Program Support (25%): Support the development of sustainability metrics for CSO program alternatives. Review alternative ratings and apply sustainability metrics to each alternative. Develop sustainability and Equity and Social Justice approaches to each alternative
Summer 2017 college internship posting is now closed. Please check back in January 2018 for summer internship posting.
For more information on internships, please contact WTD HR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blog: Clean water stories
Raise Your Hand if You Knew You Would Do This Job, April 27, 2017
Bright Lights in Our Workplace, January 18, 2017
A special summer for ten students, August 31, 2016
Students complete summer internships, September 28, 2015
View more Careers That Matter