King County Behavioral Health Legislative Forum
A Community Conversation about Mental Health and Substance Abuse
Save the Date for the 2017 Legislative Forum:
Wednesday, November 8, 6:00-8:30 p.m.
Seattle Center Exhibition Hall – 301 Mercer St, SeattleTo add the forum to your calendar, click "Add to Calendar" on the forum’s Eventbrite page.
An estimated 600 community members attended the 20th Annual King County Behavioral Health Legislative Forum: A Community Conversation about Mental Health and Substance Abuse at Town Hall Seattle on December 7, 2016.
King County Executive Dow Constantine gave opening remarks. National Council President and Chief Executive Officer Linda Rosenberg gave a keynote address. King County Behavioral Health and Recovery Division director Jim Vollendroff discussed current issues in mental health and substance abuse, and highlighted King County’s behavioral health legislative priorities. Recovery journey presenters Laura and Todd Crooks, Mike Perry, and Shrounda Selivanoff shared very moving personal stories.
An unprecedented total of 20 state legislators attended along with 3 county councilmembers. In addition, 6 more state legislators, 2 more county councilmembers, and 5 members of Congress were represented by staff, for a total of 36 legislative offices represented. Also, the forum facilitated direct in-person engagement between 15 state legislators and their constituents.
Click here for a video of the legislative forum program, courtesy of broadcast partner Seattle Channel.
2017 Forum Co-Sponsors:
- All Home
- Asian Counseling and Referral Service
- Behavioral Health Ombuds Service of King County
- Catholic Community Services
- Chad's Legacy Project
- Community Health Plan of Washington
- Crisis Clinic
- Downtown Emergency Service Center
- Friends of Youth
- Kent Youth and Family Services
- Many Minds Collaborative
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Washington
- NAMI Eastside
- NAMI Seattle
- Pioneer Human Services
- Prevention Specialist Certification Board of Washington
- Prevention WINS at Seattle Children's Hospital
- Recovery Café
- Refugee Women's Alliance
- Seattle Area Support Groups and Community Center
- Seattle Counseling Service
- Seattle Indian Health Board
- Therapeutic Health Services
- Transitional Resources
- United Healthcare
- Washington Association for Substance Abuse & Violence Prevention
- Washington Recovery Alliance