Registration is now open!
2017 Behavioral Health Legislative Forum:
Wednesday, November 8, 6:00-8:30 p.m.
Seattle Center Exhibition Hall – 301 Mercer St, Seattle
2017 Forum Agenda:
6:00-7:00 p.m. – Reception (open to all), with opportunities for community members to connect directly with legislators and county councilmembers.
7:00-8:30 p.m. – Program, featuring:
- King County’s proposed behavioral health legislative priorities for 2018.
- Reflections from recovery advocate Lauren Davis.
- Compelling personal stories from individuals in mental health and addiction recovery.
- The perspectives and priorities of legislators and county councilmembers.
For those who can arrive early, an interactive Recovery in Action event will begin at 4:00 p.m. before the forum. This event will include actionable opportunities to reduce stigma associated with behavioral health disorders, plus networking, food, door prizes, and free T-shirts!
Legislators Already Confirmed for 2017: (as of 9/7/17)
Sen. Palumbo (1st), Rep. Bergquist (11th), Sen. Hasegawa (11th), Rep. Kagi (32nd), Rep. Gregerson (33rd), Rep. Orwall (33rd), Rep. Cody (34th), Sen. Saldaña (37th), Rep. Robinson (38th), Rep. Senn (41st), Rep. Macri (43rd), Sen. Pedersen (43rd), Sen. Frockt (46th), Rep. Pollet (46th), Sen. Kuderer (48th).
Come back to this site for updates! Please use our sharing tools to help spread the word about the forum!
2016 Forum Archive:
See video of the 2016 forum program. 2016 forum participants by the numbers:
- 600 community members
- 20 state legislators
- 3 county councilmembers
- 36 total federal/state/county legislative offices represented
- 15 legislators met informally with constituents
2017 Forum Co-Sponsors:
- Alcohol and Drug Abuse Institute
- All Home
- Asian Counseling and Referral Service
- Behavioral Health Ombuds Service of King County
- Catholic Community Services
- Chad's Legacy Project
- Community Health Plan of Washington
- Coordinated Care
- Crisis Clinic
- Downtown Emergency Service Center
- Facing Addiction
- Friends of Youth
- Kent Youth and Family Services
- King County Behavioral Health Advisory Board
- Many Minds Collaborative
- MultiCare Behavioral Health
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Washington
- NAMI Eastside
- NAMI Seattle
- Nexus Youth and Families
- Peers of King County
- Pioneer Human Services
- Prevention Specialist Certification Board of Washington
- Prevention WINS at Seattle Children's Hospital
- Recovery Café
- Refugee Women's Alliance
- Seattle Area Support Groups and Community Center
- Seattle Counseling Service
- Seattle Indian Health Board
- Sound Mental Health
- Therapeutic Health Services
- Transitional Resources
- Washington Association for Substance Abuse and Violence Prevention
- Washington Recovery Alliance