Community Outreach services provide community information and advocacy, systems navigation, and trainings and technical assistance to individuals with developmental disabilities (DD),families and providers.
Community Information and Advocacy
- The Arc of King County provides outreach, information and referral, advocacy, parent leadership, and family support services to individuals and families
- Open Doors for Multicultural Families is located in South King County and utilizes bilingual and bicultural staff to provide outreach, parent support, advocacy, information and referral to multicultural families
- Children's Home Society of Washington supports the DD Early Intervention - Child Welfare –Early Learning partnership to promote coordination of services between early childhood systems
- Within Reach supports the Family Health Hotline to connect families with children under three to the DD Early Intervention (EI) system.
Training and Technical Assistance
- O’Neill and Associates provides develops and coordinates systems-wide training and technical assistance to King County Early Intervention and Adult Employment providers.
- Washington Initiative for Supported Employment (Go WiSE) provides training and technical assistance to the Adult Employment providers
For more information on Community Outreach contact Jim Ott