King County Human Services Framework Policies
The Framework Policies for Human Services adopted by the King County Council in 2007 set the priorities for using the county's discretionary current expense funds and clarify the county's role in human services. These priorities are also reflected in the Human Services Recommendations Report approved by the council in 2007 and in the Department of Community and Human Services 2009 Business Plan.
Human Services Framework Policies
- HS-1: King County has a regional role in human services, working with many partners to help those most in need.
- HS-2: King County's priorities for human service investments will be programs and services that help to stabilize and improve people's lives, and prevent or reduce emergency medical and criminal justice system involvement and costs.
- HS-3: King County will apply principles that promote effectiveness, accountability and social justice.
Human Services Priority Areas
- Effective intervention and prevention strategies
- Job readiness and employment to increase self-sufficiency
- Prevention and elimination of homelessness
- Services that reduce the growth of emergency medical and criminal justice system involvement and costs
View Documents2007 King County Human Services Framework Policies (PDF)
Ordinance 15887 adopting framework policies (PDF)
Human Services Recommendation Reports
If the documents won't open in your browser, right-click and "Save as."