Apply by Mail
- Download a Marriage License Application (PDF)
- Both affidavit sections must be completed (using current, full, legal names), signed and notarized, and the original document sent to King County Marriage Licensing.
- Send completed and notarized applications, along with a $64 money order or cashier's check payable to King County Marriage Licensing. No cash or personal checks. Mail to the Seattle/Downtown Licensing Office:
King County Marriage Licensing
King County Administration Building
500 Fourth Ave., Suite 311
Seattle, WA 98104
- If an application is mailed, the marriage license must be picked up at our downtown Seattle office; it will not be mailed. Office hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., except holidays.
- We recommend calling the Seattle office to verify receipt of the application: 206-296-4021, or if calling long distance, 1-800-325-6165, and ask to be transferred to the marriage license desk.