King County Marriage Licensing
Marriage licensing is a function of the King County Recorder's Office.
The Recorder's Office has moved to Suite 430 in the King County Administration Building, 500 Fourth Ave., Seattle
|Notice: To verify whether your marriage application or certificate has been processed yet, please perform a search in our Records Search application.
If your application or certificate appears in the index, it has been received by our office and is being processed. If it is not yet in the index, we have not yet received/processed it.
- A Washington State marriage license is valid in Washington State only.
- The application fee is $64. Cash and personal checks (with ID) are accepted; no credit or debit cards.
- There is a three-day waiting period before the marriage can take place.
- A marriage license is valid for 60 days.
- A blood test or physical exam is not required in Washington State.
- Same-sex couples are eligible to apply for a Washington State marriage license.
- Mailed applications may be notarized and returned for processing, but the original application must be submitted along with the $64 fee, payable by personal check, money order, or cashier's check in U.S. funds.
- For more information, click on the links below or contact the Recorder's Office at 206-477-6620.
Applying for a Marriage License
Certified Copies of Marriage Records
Name Change after Marriage