King County Correctional Facility - Seattle
What are the guidelines for visiting an inmate?
- Valid identification is required for visiting:
- Washington State Driver's License or ID card
- Other U.S. state Driver's License or ID card
- Canadian Driver's License or ID card
- U.S. Armed Forces ID card
- U.S. Government Passport
- Resident Alien card
- Children must be accompanied by parent or legal guardian (proof of legal guardianship is required).
- Children must remain with parent(s) and under control at all times.
- Cell phones are not allowed inside the facilities.
- Dress Code:
- No miniskirts or similar attire.
- No low-cut or revealing necklines.
- No bare midriff.
- Shoes required.
- Due to high volumes, scheduled times may be cut short.
- Out of town visitors traveling from outside a 50 mile radius MAY qualify for a Special Visit.
- The visiting times are determined by the inmate's location.
- It is the responsibility of the detainee to notify visitors of any changes to their visiting schedule.
- Inappropriate behavior, the use of profanity, or violating any rule or regulation, may result in visiting privileges being denied.
Often friends and family ask to deposit funds on an inmates' account (or "books") at the time they visit. If you would like to do so, please be aware of the following:
- Funds may be deposited for an inmate and MUST be in the form of a Money Order or Cashier's Check.
- To deposit the money order or cashier's check please include the following information:
- List the inmate name.
- List the Booking of Arrest number (BA#) or the CCN.
- List the name of the person and their address for whom you would like the money order or cashier's check to be returned to if unable to deposit it on the inmates' account.