skip to main content

King County Superior Court

King County’s General Jurisdiction Trial Court

How to Use the eReponse System

Only the individual named on the summons should log in to this site. Do not log in to the site if you are not the person named on the summons even if you are the parent, child, or guardian of the person to whom the summons is addressed.

Reschedule Your Service for a Later Date

Your jury service can be postponed twice up to one year from the date of the summons.  Click HERE to log in to the juror eResponse site.  You will be prompted for your badge number (candidate ID) and date of birth.   In the Defer section you will be able to select a new date from those available.  As summonses are mailed weeks in advance, some dates in the near future will not be available.  Your jury duty can be deferred twice up to one year each time.  Trials are held every week of the year and new pools of jurors typically report to begin service on Mondays and Wednesdays but not every week is one to which your service can be postponed.  Certain weeks seem to be more attractive and as a result may already have enough participants.

Proceed to eResponse.

Confirm that You Are Legally Eligible to Serve as a Juror in King County

In order to serve as a juror with King County Superior Court you must:

  • Be eighteen (18) years of age or older
  • Be a citizen of the United States
  • Be a resident of King County
  • Be able to communicate in the English language or via ASL (American Sign Language)

Proceed to eResponse.

Request to Be Excused Due to Undue Hardship

If you are unable to serve due to a permanent medical/physical/sensory condition a letter from your physician supporting your request is required.  If your hardship is due to travel, childcare (school aged children), work schedule, doctor/dentist appointments please consider deferring your service to a later date – your jury service can be rescheduled twice up to one year at a time.

Proceed to eResponse.

Update Your Address, Telephone Number, and Other Contact Information

Proceed to eResponse only if you are the person named on the summons.