What Happened at the Council
Monday, August 31, 2015
At today’s Council meeting, Councilmembers:
• Approved an ordinance adopting the Committee to End Homelessness in King County Strategic Plan and endorsing its goals and principles as a guide by which the county and other members of the Committee to End Homelessness will seek to address and eliminate homelessness over the next four years (Ordinance 2015-0327).
• Unanimously approved a motion adopting the Council’s Equity and Social Justice Work Plan for 2015-2016 (Substitute Motion 2015-0238.2).
• Unanimously adopted a motion approving the Office of Equity and Social Justice 2015-2016 Work Plan (Substitute Motion 2015-0178.2).
• Unanimously adopted a motion in support of a statewide and national ban on nontherapeutic uses of antibiotics in livestock production (Motion 2015-0222).
At the Wednesday, September 2 meeting of the Council’s Committee of the Whole, Committee members:
• Will receive briefings on:
o 2015 King County Fair (Briefing No. 2015-B0164).
o Eastside Rail Corridor Update (Briefing No. 2015-B0166).
Read more about this legislation on the King County Council’s LEGISEARCH system at
http://kingcounty.legistar.com and enter the item numbers above.