What Happened at the Council
Monday, February 8, 2016
At today’s Council meeting, Councilmembers:
• Unanimously approved an ordinance related to the operation and maintenance of the Harborview Medical Center, authorizing the King County executive and the president of the Harborview Medical Center board of trustees to execute a hospital services agreement with the regents of the University of Washington and adopting the mission statement and admission policy for the Harborview Medical Center (Ordinance 2016-0094).
• Unanimously adopted a motion confirming the Director of Elections’ appointment of Shannon Cortez as Deputy Director of Elections (Substitute Motion 2016-0085.2).
• Unanimously adopted a motion approving a report assessing potential traffic impacts of a new bus stop on Montlake Boulevard NE and NE Pacific Place (Substitute Motion 2016-0089.2).
• Unanimously adopted a motion relating to the establishment of a work plan for improving the transfer environment at locations impacted by the University Link bus integration (Proposed Motion 2016-0092).
• Unanimously adopted a motion relating to public transportation, approving a work plan for assessing ridership impacts and customer response to the University Link bus integration (Proposed Motion 2016-0093).
• Unanimously adopted a motion approving the Final Report on Ferry Expansion Options for Marine Division (Motion 2015-0517).
Read more about this legislation on the King County Council’s LEGISEARCH system at
http://kingcounty.legistar.com and enter the item numbers above.