What Happened at the Council
Monday, April 13, 2015
At today’s Council meeting, Councilmembers:
--Proclaimed the month of April Sexual Assault Awareness Month in King County.
• Unanimously approved an ordinance authorizing the Executive to enter into an agreement with the city of Bothell granting surface rights for public park use in King County’s North Creek watershed storage facility property (Substitute ordinance 2015-0071.2).
• Unanimously adopted a motion acknowledging receipt of a work plan for utilizing an expert review panel to provide review and recommendations regarding optimization, cost control measures, risk management and risk mitigation for combined sewer overflow control projects and the wastewater conveyance and treatment system in accordance with the 2015/2016 Biennial Budget Ordinance (Substitute motion 2015-0103.2).
• Unanimously adopted a motion that approves a plan regarding procedures to manage updates to the King County Comprehensive Plan, in compliance with the 2015/2016 Biennial Budget Ordinance (Motion 2015-0124).
At the Wednesday, April 15 meeting of the Council’s Committee of the Whole, Committee members:
Are scheduled to discuss and possibly recommend to the full council:
• An ordinance relating to coordination of development of the Sound Transit Operations and Maintenance Satellite Facility with the Eastside Rail Corridor and Metro Transit East Base; requiring approval of certain related agreements (Ordinance 2015-0143).
Will receive briefings on:
• King County Library System Update (Briefing No. 2015-B0045).
• King County Strategic Plan—Next Steps (Briefing No. 2015-B0044).
Read more about this legislation on the King County Council’s LEGISEARCH system at
http://kingcounty.legistar.com and enter the item numbers above.