This Week at the Council: Meeting Highlights
Meeting highlights July 27-31, 2015
Monday, July 27
Metropolitan King County Council – 1:30 p.m.
--Councilmembers will recognize the 80th anniversary of Social Security and 50th anniversary of Medicare and Medicaid
--Councilmembers will hear public testimony during their monthly public comment period. Speakers will have two minutes to address the Council on matters relating to county government.
Councilmembers are scheduled to discuss and possibly act on:
• A motion approving a partnership between King County and 4Culture to create a bond financed arts, cultural, heritage and preservation capital program to build, maintain, expand, preserve and improve new and existing cultural facilities (Motion 2015-0288).
Government Accountability and Oversight Committee – 9:30 a.m.
• Performance Audit: Small Public Works Construction Expedited Contracting Methods (Briefing No. 2015-B0133).
• Status of the Recruitment Process for the Director for the Office of Law Enforcement Oversight (Briefing No. 2015-B0149).
Law, Justice, and Emergency Management Committee – 1:30 p.m.
• Prosecuting Attorney’s Office and Sheriff’s Office Efforts to Address Unlicensed Marijuana Businesses in Unincorporated King County (Briefing No. 2105-B0145).
• Report on the Status of Resident Background Checks at Homeless Encampments (Briefing No. 2105-B0146).
• Briefing on Fireworks and Fire Response Associated with 2015 4th of July Celebrations (Briefing No. 2105-B0147).
• Briefing on the Office of Emergency Management’s Evacuation Route Planning (Briefing No. 2105-B0148).
Wednesday, July 29
Committee of the Whole – 9:30 a.m. ***Special meeting location*** The committee will meet in the Southwest Conference Room, 12th Flr. King County Courthouse
The committee agenda will be available at:
|THE COUNCIL'S SUMMER RECESS BEGINS AUGUST 3. THE NEXT “THIS WEEK”
WILL BE ON AUGUST 14.
This Week at the Council is a summary of highlights for upcoming council and committee agendas. To read complete agendas and the full text of legislation, please visit the King County Council’s LEGISEARCH system at http://kingcounty.legistar.com/Legislation.
Unless otherwise noted, all meetings are in the King County Council Chambers, Room 1001, King County Courthouse, 516 Third Ave, Seattle, WA