This Week at the Council: Meeting Highlights
Meeting highlights August 24-28, 2015
Monday, August 24
Metropolitan King County Council – 1:30 p.m.
--Councilmembers will hear public testimony during their monthly public comment period. Speakers will have two minutes to address the Council on matters relating to county government.
Councilmembers are scheduled to discuss and possibly act on:
• Motions confirming the reappointments of:
o Michael Brown to the King County Housing Authority Board of Commissioners (Motion 2015-0314).
o Sean Kelly to the King County Emergency Management Advisory Committee, as a Sound Cities representative (Motion 2015-0317).
Tuesday, August 25
Government Accountability and Oversight Committee– 9:30 a.m.
• Auditor Management letter on the Courthouse Revitalization Project (Briefing No. 2015-B0155).
• Status of the Recruitment Process for the Director for the Office of Law Enforcement Oversight (Briefing No. 2015-B0149).
Law, Justice, and Emergency Management Committee – 1:30 p.m.
• A demonstration of the District Court’s E-Mitigation system for citations and an update on New District Court programs (Briefing No. 2015-B0151).
Wednesday, August 26
Budget and Fiscal Management Committee – 9:30 a.m.
Committee members are scheduled to discuss and possibly recommend to the full council:
• An ordinance making an appropriation of $400,000 to the DPER abatement subfund, to provide for the abatement of an illegal materials processing operation in the Skyway area (Ordinance 2015-0328).
• A motion approving the report on operations related to the Northshore public health and operations facility and plan for continued delivery of services currently provided at the Northshore public health center at a fixed location in response to the 2015/2016 Biennial Budget Ordinance, Ordinance 17941, Section 28, Proviso P2, and Section 95, Proviso P5, and authorizing the release of $100,000 currently held in reserve for the real estate services section and authorizing the release of $100,000 for the department of public health (Motion 2015-0180).
This Week at the Council is a summary of highlights for upcoming council and committee agendas. To read complete agendas and the full text of legislation, please visit the King County Council’s LEGISEARCH system at http://kingcounty.legistar.com/Legislation.
Unless otherwise noted, all meetings are in the King County Council Chambers, Room 1001, King County Courthouse, 516 Third Ave, Seattle, WA