This Week at the County Council: Meeting highlights
September 29-October 3, 2014
To accommodate the review and adoption of the 2015-2016 King County Budget, most standing committee meetings will be cancelled
You can follow the deliberations on the Council’s Budget page, Facebook and Twitter (#KCBudget).
Monday, September 29
Metropolitan King County Council – 1:30 p.m.
Councilmembers are scheduled to discuss and possibly act on:
• An ordinance adopting public transportation service reductions for February 2015 (Substitute Ordinance 2014-0382.2).
• An ordinance addressing income inequality through a requirement that a living wage be paid to county employees and to the employees of certain county contractors (Substitute Ordinance 2014-0299.2)
King County Flood Control District—Immediately following meeting of the Metropolitan King County Council ***SPECIAL MEETING***
Supervisors are scheduled to discuss and possibly act on:
• A resolution authorizing the expenditure of District funds for projects and activities in Water Resource Inventory Areas 7 (the King County portion), 8, 9 and 10 (the King County portion) (Resolution No. FCD2014-11).
• A resolution approving grant fund projects pursuant to Section 8 of Resolution No. FCD 2013-14.3; and authorizing expenditure of District funds for the approved projects from the appropriation of grant funds in Attachment D of Resolution FCD 2013-14.3 (Resolution No. FCD2014-12).
King County Flood Control District Executive Committee—Immediately following meeting of the King County Flood Control District ***Special Meeting Location*** The Committee will meet in the Southwest Conference Room, 12th Flr. King County Courthouse
Committee members are scheduled to discuss and possibly send to the Flood District Board of Supervisors:
• A motion establishing the 2015 state legislative agenda for the King County Flood Control Zone District (Motion No. FCD14-03).
• A resolution adopting the District’s 2015 work program, budget, operating budget for King County, capital budget, six-year capital improvement program, oversight budget and opportunity fund project list, and authorizing improvements.
• A resolution relating to the King County Flood Control Zone District property tax levies for collection in 2015; authorizing a property tax levy increasing property tax revenue to implement the District’s 2015 work program; and protecting a portion of the District’s property tax levy from proration under RCW 84.52.815.
Wednesday, October 1
Regional Water Quality Committee — 3:00 p.m.
• Proposed schedule and process for Regional Wastewater Service Plan policy refinements in 2015 (Briefing No. 2014-B0175).
• Recommendations from the Metropolitan Water Pollution Abatement Advisory Committee (MWPAAC) regarding Water Quality Project funding (Briefing No. 2014-B0176).
• Progress report on implementation of the Combined Sewer Overflow (CSO) Control Program and Projects (Briefing No. 2014-B0177).
KING COUNTY BUDGET
Wednesday, October 1
Budget and Fiscal Management Committee – 9:30 a.m. ***Special Meeting***
• Committee members will receive briefings on the 2014 Executive Proposed Budget from King County’s elected officials (Briefing No. 2014-B0170). Committee members are scheduled to hear from:
o King County Sheriff John Urquhart
o Susan Craighead, Superior Court Presiding Judge
o Corinna Harn, District Court Presiding Judge
o King County Prosecutor Dan Satterberg
o King County Assessor Lloyd Hara
o Elections Director Sherril Huff
This Week at the Council” is a summary of highlights for upcoming council and committee agendas. To read complete agendas and the full text of legislation, please visit the King County Council’s LEGISEARCH system athttp://kingcounty.legistar.com/Legislation.