King County Board of Health
NOTICE OF RULEMAKING – BOH 17-02
A Regulation to Revise the Permit Requirements for
Temporary Food Establishments, including Farmers Markets
Pursuant to its authority under RCW 70.05.060, the King County Board of Health hereby gives notice of proposed rulemaking to adopt revisions to the permit requirements for temporary food establishments, including farmers markets.
The purpose of the proposed rulemaking is to streamline the temporary food establishment permit requirements by:
- Repealing the outdated "farmers market temporary food establishment" terminology, definition and fees;
- Removing certain procedural requirements for obtaining multiple or unlimited temporary event permits for the moderate and complex food handling categories;
- Removing the redundant "recurring event food establishment" terminology;
- Amending the definitions of "certified booth operator" and "farmers market coordinator"; and
- Amending the food establishment risk category standards for temporary food establishments.
A public hearing on the proposed rule at which the public may state their views orally or in writing will be held during the regular meeting of the King County Board of Health, March 16, 2017 at 1:30 p.m. in the Metropolitan King County Council Chambers, 10th floor, Courthouse, 516 Third Avenue, Seattle, WA. Written comments can also be submitted to: King County Board of Health, ATTN: Maria Wood, Public Health – Seattle & King County, 401 Fifth Avenue, Suite 1300, Seattle, WA 98104; firstname.lastname@example.org. Written comments mailed or delivered to this address must be received by 5 p.m. on the day preceding the Board of Health meeting. Written comments may also be submitted at the Board of Health meeting. BOH Rule and Reg17-02 is available on the Internet at http://mkcclegisearch.kingcounty.gov/LegislationDetail.aspx?ID=2969362&GUID=0775FA0A-63D6-46CF-B683-869D5D2FFA31&Options=ID|Text|&Search=BOH17-02
Copies of the proposed rules are available from the same address, by calling 206-263-8791.
Dated at Seattle, Washington this 1st day of March, 2017.
KING COUNTY BOARD OF HEALTH
KING COUNTY, WASHINGTON
MELANI PEDROZA, Clerk of the Board