Welcome to Open Enrollment
Select your 2017 benefits choices: Nov. 1 – 15
Our employees are making a difference for the people in our communities, and King County is committed to providing a comprehensive benefits package that takes good care of you. Your benefits were designed to promote your continued health, financial security, and peace of mind.
Open Enrollment for your 2017 King County benefits takes place Nov. 1 – 15. It’s your opportunity to evaluate your benefit options and make changes for the upcoming year.
Information for all employees
- Select the appropriate Benefit Access Fee—or exemption—if covering a spouse or domestic partner on your medical plan next year. A Benefit Access Fee is automatically applied if you cover a spouse or domestic partner on your medical plan. If you qualify for an exemption, you must confirm this each year. For details, see the Benefit Access Fee flyer.
- Enroll in a Health Care or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account to reduce your taxable income.
- Change medical plans.
- Add or discontinue dependent coverage. See the list of documents required for enrolling new dependents.
- View your Healthy IncentivesSM color level for next year's medical out-of-pocket expenses.
- Add, increase, decrease, or discontinue supplemental AD&D insurance.
- Decrease or discontinue supplemental life insurance.
- Discontinue supplemental long-term disability insurance.
- Contribute to the Employee Giving Program during the Annual Giving Drive.
If you need help during Open Enrollment, contact Benefits, Payroll and Retirement Operations:
- Chinook Building, 2nd Floor, 401 Fifth Avenue, Mailstop CNK-ES-0240, Seattle, WA 98104
- 206-684-1556 or KC Benefits
- 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday – Friday
- Closed on Veterans Day: Nov. 11