Technology Set Up
Make sure your computer is set up for telecommuting prior to your first telecommute day. There are a few options available to you depending on what type of work you will do from home.
- Many work tasks can be completed via cloud-based applications i.e. through your web browser.
- Outlook Web Access (OWA) provides access to email and access to personal folders if you have archive folders set up.
- SharePoint can be used to manage and share files.
- Meetings can be accessed via Skype for business installed on your home computer or by joining Skype meetings by phone. Learn how to use Skype here.
- In addition, PeopleSoft and King County’s online training site can be accessed through a web browser.
- AnyConnect (VPN) may be the solution for you if you need access to personal email folders and they are set up as .pst files, complex editing of files, managing files that are kept on a shared drive or using other applications that cannot be accessed via the cloud (for example, Adobe Suite)
- AnyConnect set up instructions and support can be found here.
- Use a combination of cloud-based applications and AnyConnect depending on the work you are doing on any particular telecommute day.
If you have questions about or problems getting your computer set up, then go to http://helpdocs and type your search term in the Search field or contact the KCIT Service Center (HelpTicket@kingcounty.gov or 206-263-4357).
 KCIT supports Internet Explorer only. Other browsers may work, but you should revert to Internet Explorer if you are experiencing any issues.
Telecommuting Agreement (required to begin telecommuting)