New employee onboarding
Onboarding is how we welcome new employees to King County. Our goal is to ensure that new employees have all the tools and support needed to be their most effective and engaged from the start. The materials and links below assist in achieving the best work experience at King County. For questions about onboarding, please reach out to your Human Resources Manager.
Watch this video to meet some of our employees as they introduce the core values that drive us as we serve our customers and our community.
Here are several resources to help supervisors and managers onboard a new employee:
- Onboarding checklist to help you prepare for a new employee
- Onboarding plan to help you share expectations and feedback
- Further information about decision making, communication expectations, buddies and mentors
- New employee orientation registration and materials
- STT ACA eligible registration
- IT onboarding request form
Further tools can be found in the internal SharePoint site.